On the day you register for your marriage, you want to look your best, but you don’t want to overdress like a bride. There are some simple makeup tips that you can use to get that fresh faced look. Regardless of how your bridesmaid dress looks, you can still have a lovely look with these quick and easy tips.
* Start with a clean slate. When painting a picture you certainly want to begin with a clean slate. Your skin is no different. Wash your face well before you apply your makeup. Use a mild facial scrub to gently exfoliate your skin and prepare it to take the makeup.
* Try the new mineral makeup. The new mineral makeup that is becoming so wildly popular can make your skin glow. Choose a shade that is complimentary to your own skin tone but practice applying it a few times before the wedding because it does take a little practice to get the application just right.
* Use neutral colors. Neutral colors, such as rose and brown, compliment any skin tone, any hair color and any eye color. Different shades of brown and rose can even work together to create a very pretty look. Other neutral colors, such as gray, taupe and vanilla are also very complimentary to any eye color.
* Play up the eyes. You can really play up your eyes in just a few simple steps. First, line your upper lid, right at the lash line with a deep rose pencil or brown pencil. Line the bottom 2/3 of your eye, from outer corner to inner, right at the lash line. Blend gently to softly smudge. With an eye liner brush, brush your eye shadow (color that matches the liner) over the liner. Use a contour brush to apply the same color in the crease of the eye (only apply the contour to 2/3 of the eye, from the outer corner to the inner corner). Sweep a pale rose, gold perle or vanilla over the entire eye to blend the colors and to give a natural look. You may also want to sweep a little of this color along the lower lash line as well. Apply a black brown mascara and you have a very pretty, natural eye.
* Go natural on the blush. Use a large, puffy brush to apply your blush. A nice, neutral rose or golden pink are good choices. Apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks (the round areas that appear just under your eyes when you smile) and blend over the cheekbones very lightly. Blend well using your powder brush with a little dusting of mineral makeup.
* Get full, kissable lips. A little lip balm applied under your lip color will give you a nice base that will help the color last longer. Choose a natural color, such as a rose, and use a lip brush to line your lips. Using your finger, smudge the color on your lips, giving them a blushed, slightly bruised look. For a pouty mouth, apply a lighter shade or a little gloss to the center of the bottom lip.
* Lose the shine. An oily shine is not attractive. Keep a little of your mineral makeup powder or some loose powder to dust over your T-zone or whatever areas tend to develop an oily shine.
These simple makeup tips will have you looking your best. Most of all, though, don’t forget to smile! Remember at NYX Makeup Academy, if you want the best make up services so you can focus on other things, feel free to call us today.